Beiträge von mereTz

Are you thinking of a back-ported 3.5 for cars with older hardware that is then named 3.4?

Yup. Reading through the forum if I recall correctly from 3.2 to higher versions, the cars also had some minor HW changes right? Maybe this is the highest cars with sw <= 3.2 will get to ? idk. Just speculating here. All I want is for animations to run smoothly or be disabled & Android Auto to not be laggy sometimes when in wireless mode ^^

Has anyone ever had a 3.4 in a Skoda Enyaq?

As far as I know there was never a 3.3 or 3.4.

This site is still poorly done. Even if the Skoda EV Lounge says they are working on a revision.

It may be. Just checked and the website in Romania for example is still at 3.2 latest release.

On the worldwide website though, the rollout for 3.4 is January 2024. Maybe that's the version most of us will end up with ? Either way the update description is poor and it's basically the same for each revision...

I just found it a bit strange how Skoda could be so directly confronted with such information from a forum that was distributed in secret in their EV lounge. What do you hope for?

That they then say "Oh, that's right, sorry, we just forgot to tell you...oops. It'll never happen again 😇"

Tbh the OP from facebook was kind of reckless. At least he hid the name of the poster & the url, but you still have the post number & the actual website name ^^ . You could potentially put sources at risk. It was interesting to see their reaction and the answer contained a lot more information, but I for one wouldn't have done it like that.

So, what do you expect from them when their hands are tied. Most likely we've got more info from Ellendway 's post than they have as a social-media person...

Hey there, I just got an iv80 a month ago. Built on 04/2023, came with ME3.2. Did a longer trip of 300km and used up about 81% of the battery. Temps between 0-5C. All good there.

But lately, with lower temps and shorter drives it's been kinda weird and I don't know if it's expected. So this past week it's been between - 10C and - 8C. Had to do a lot of short trips, only in the city. Had preheating set only in the morning before taking the kid to daycare (not plugged it - and I know that takes around 2-3% of the battery). But damn. 40% for about 50km of city driving is kinda low. I don't know what I'm doing wrong here (if anything).

Is this level of consumption kinda expected? The city I'm living is not exactly flat. A ton of hills to climb and traffic is horrendous at times;(

Not a bad car, but not a sophisticated car either.

Otherwise the car wouldn't have been modified so quickly, or am I looking at this the wrong way?

We are the testers for the next models.

I also realize that something like this is necessary and normal.

I think it's economical because my car won't be scrapped but will continue to be used by other people.

My honest opinion is that it was kind of to be expected. Tesla did the same thing with engines, battery tech and different sensors on their cars. Even the main processing unit. All of which could not be retrofitted. I think it's a normal process of the evolution of a product.

Granted they could've handled it a bit more gracefully, but the car is not bad at all. As for sophistication, it depends on what you're looking for. For me (coming from a 2017 Octavia) it's mega sophisticated and looks and feels the money I paid for it, but this really is subjective to people's taste.

Been following this thread since I got the car like a maniac. To be honest the only gripe I have with the software is the lag. Just give up the animations and give us a fast UI and that's that. For my use case at least, I get that preconditioning was promised, but if it's only an issue I the winter, I'll live with it.

If you want to force mechanical breaking, just switch to the N-“gear”

In addition to Selenium Post: I think the mechanical breaks are also used if the battery is at 100, isn't it?

I

I want to understand the limits of recuperation braking even if I'm in D mode. Didn't know the N-gear trick, but it makes sense. The motor should be disengaged right?

What I got was: if I'm over 6kph, then if the blue bar isn't full, you're braking only via the electric motor. If you press harder on the pedal and the blue bar is full, you'll get both mechanical and recuperation.

I just want to understand how to drive more efficiently.